Continuing our series of lighthearted, quick-fire questions, we asked Michaela Kreuzigerová ten silly things about life in lockdown and about her plans for the next few months.
An expert in keeping multiple plates spinning, Michaela hasn't just got big plans for Grupeto, her business that connects professional and recreational cyclists, she's also working on a new project alongside husband Roman Kreuziger. Project 1,5mt is a safety initiative that encourages motorists and cyclists to keep their distance, and it carries some heavyweight support with Peter Sagan and Petr Vakoč (to name but a few) as ambassadors.
1. Did you develop any strange habits during lockdown?
No, we tried to plan our days. So everyday we tried to do some sport and walk with the dogs in the forest. And we also planned some activities with the children, like paper craft and painting.
2. Tell us three things that describe your experiences over the last three months?
life slowing down and everyone appreciating more time for themselves
3. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Monica from Friends :-D
4. What are you looking forward to doing less of?
5. What are you looking forward to doing more of?
Having more time for cycling
6. What are your goals for the next six months?
We want to improve the safety of cyclists and motorists with Project 1,5mt by encouraging motorists to leave a gap of 1.5 metres when overtaking cyclists. We want respect on the road between cyclists and motorists. We're also looking forward to continuing our exclusive Grupeto group rides.
7. What is the last book you read/movie you watched?
We don’t watch too much TV, but I really like reading books – the last one I read was The Horse Dancer by Jojo Moyes.
8. Where are your favourite places in the world?
Czech! As it's my home. And then Lake Garda/Livigno and finally Gran Canaria.
9. How many languages can you speak?
Four. Czech, English, Italian and German.
10. If you were a bike, what bike would you be?
I really like my S-Works Tarmac bike, so probably one of these.